Saturday 21 January 2012

Darling don't you ever grow up

Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up


Kit posted a lovely post about someone that makes her smile, and hon, I know exactly what you mean. Sort of.
I have a half-brother who was adopted out of the family, and whose existence I only discovered a few years ago. He is married, and in the time that I have known him, he has been blessed with two lovely children. One daughter - Harriet, and one son - Tobias. I love them to bits. They call me Auntie Jenny even though our family situation is far too complicated for them to understand. I held Tobias earlier in 2011, and my heart just felt so warm. 
My half sister produces the same feelings. So do my brothers, though they are older than me.


What's really weird, is how much the Year 10s produce the same feelings.
I sat watching Ladybird the other day, and realised how much I don't want him to have to grow up. I want that cheeky grin I know so well to never disappear. I don't want him to face the hardships that I know are coming for him. For all of them.
I've been told I'm a mother hen a thousand times before, but I don't think I really was until now. Or at least I didn't really know what it meant to be a mother hen.
To quote Katherine: 

"The only thing in my world worse than something bad happening to him [them, in my case] would be knowing that it happened on my watch - and so I can't ever let that happen. I won't let it happen."



Another song from Miss Swift:
Innocent:
"It's all right, just wait and see
Your strangled lights are still bright to me
Who you are is not what you've been
You're still an innocent."


Hatter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment