Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rant: Ears to listen, hands to hold.

I was told that was what mothers had.
I was wrong.
How can I ever tell her anything if I know she won't listen, or will just twist my words? 
How can she say that she wants me to tell her what's upsetting me, when she doesn't want to hear the answer?


I'm a little tired of her hypocritical, immature, frustrating, and frankly childish behaviour.


I actually spent my free writing a letter to my parents to tell them to get over themselves and grow up.
Short back story for those who don't know me: My parents split up when I (an almost-aborted accident) was 3 years old. At first it wasn't that bad. I grew up with my mum and (half-)brothers, and I had a lot of fun. I visited my Dad every few weekends. He got married and they had my half-sister. My brothers (12 and 14 years older than me) left home when I was 8, heading for Greece and New York. Not so fun. Mum had cancer, they came home. Mum recovered, they left again. We moved house. The relationship between my parents was getting steadily worse. Both sides were to blame, though neither would admit that. Instead they consistently act like immature little children. Their attitudes towards each other were and are ridiculous, and they never exactly hid that fact. At age 10, I realised I had to forget about my own childhood and grow up, because I couldn't imagine either of my parents rising to that challenge. Almost seven years later, I still feel like I have to be the responsible adult in our twisted three part family.


If I can find somewhere else to go, I might not come home tomorrow night. We both need space. I just want to get away from home in a vaguely responsible fashion. Just need to find a nearby friend that I can burden with myself for a night.


Rant over. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. You are no accident, my dear!
    You are a blessing for us all c:
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zilla.
    Love you
    <3

    ReplyDelete