Saturday 14 April 2012

Dark tunnels.

On Friday, I met up with Ladybird, Unicorn and New Guy at Wicksteed. 
We were making our way to the old train, and while Unicorn and New Guy took the sensible path, Ladybird and I randomly walked through the no entry tunnel. We were just messing around and chatting, when he moved and stopped in front of me, pulling me into a really lovely hug with his face against my neck.
That moment inspired this poem (still only a draft), basically pulling together several stray lines that had been floating around my mind for a while now.


"In the darkest of tunnels
You turned and held me
Your soul the brightest light
By which I'll always see.


When I fell to the ground
Then you held me too
Until I could lift my feet
And stand up next to you.


So though the darkness crowds
I know it has not won.
The cold can never last
Because with you, comes with sun."


I might turn it into a song one day.
Who knows.
Anyway.
Poem.
Done.
Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment