Monday 16 April 2012

Grey-scale.

So I spent a week with people that helped me re-discover myself, and the beauty in the world. They made me want to stand up and shout "WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG? THE WORLD IS AMAZING!!". But part of the brilliance of it was that I didn't need to stand and shout - these people already knew! But now I'm home, and the world is slowly slipping into grey-scale. I feel like I'm surrounded by people who have never known the colourful, beautiful, exciting and intriguing gifts the world and it's people have to offer. Everyone is so tense and snappy, and it all just makes me want to remind them that (in the words of Simon Amstell) 'death is coming' so why be unhappy and fight? And if you simply can't make friendship work with someone, part with respect and move on. Life's too short to be petty.


I know I've shared this song with y'all before, but I think some people really need to listen to the lyrics:
"Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' ev'rybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day hey, hey

Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Mister blue sky is living here today hey, hey

Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we go wrong?

Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for

Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Ev'rybody smiles at you"



Plus, surely it is impossible not to dance to that???
I did. 
I just started dancing around my living room like a loon, because as long as I'm having fun, what does it matter?


Thanks to Nerd for the chat about all this today.
Love to the people :)


P.s. This isn't about people at school... I wrote it before I went in.

No comments:

Post a Comment