Sunday 11 March 2012

Ink and rage

Paul Kemp: "I want to make a promise to you, the reader. And I don't know if I can fulfill it tomorrow, or even the day after that. But I put the bastards of this world on notice that I do not have their best interests at heart. I will try and speak for my reader. That is my promise. And it will be a voice made of ink and rage."

^ Love this moment. It's another quote from 'The Rum Diary'. Again, I say, go watch it!!! 
If I ever get my poetry published in one book or whatever, I will probably title it 'Ink and Rage' as that seems rather appropriate given the subjects of my poems and stories.

More Rum Diary quotes:
Sala: "You're high you fool, drink some rum!" 
My vision does keep warping today. Perhaps I should drink rum. Although I am still blaming Ladybird for any brain issues as he basically gave me concussion on Friday. OO. That reminds me. 

Friday:
(Don't panic, it was a good day XD)
Arrived at Tresham and just worked >.< Emma, Azzy and Kimberley arrived after a while though. It was just us that lesson. As it was progress review week, when our lecturer had seen us all she let us go home after break, so we just left. Kim and I walked up to town, but she got the bus straight away. I bought Haribo for my music boys and walked to school. Bumped into Gloves and was given a cake. Some Psych students got me to do an experiment for them -.- Spent the next hour or so with Om, Iona and CB. That was alright. Nice to actually speak to Om for the first time in ages. Lunch finally came around, and I went down to music as soon as I could. Fairy followed quite quickly too. It was pretty good. Just me, Ladybird, Fairy, Matty, Crazy Alex. No Mad Harry today. We cracked open the Haribos and just had a good time jamming really. Matty nicked all the gummy bears and wedged them in the guitar strings, which looked pretty epic. Ladybird wanted Haribo, so we agreed I'd shove three in his mouth XD He managed to keep playing the electric at the same time - brilliant little git :P Alex started playing some RHCP for me to guess the titles of. I confess I failed. I knew the song, just not the title! Ladybird cracked open his raisins and naturally began attempting to throw them into my cleavage -.- He failed until the last couple... We'll probably be banned now... so many raisins on the floor!! D: We all started to get ready to leave, and I crouched down to pick something up from by Ladybird's feet. Just as I started to get up he went to head butt me, and the result was just.... ouch. D: He has a concrete skull, I swear. So I after getting a mild concussion I continued to pack shiz away, though I accidentally kneed Lion in the face :/ Fail. We left Ladybird to it, until I remembered it was a Friday and I wanted a hug before the weekend! So I went back to get a hug. T'was a really nice long nuzzly one. That kind of sounds bad... Ah well. We hugged normally, then he sort of sighed and we kind of nestled into each other a little more. That's all. Let go after a while, and ended up with a headache all through English. Took some paracetamol which made it a little better. Saw Ladybird again in his History break, but didn't see Lion :/ Spent my free with year 13s chatting about everything. Got to see Lion and Ladybird at the end of the day, which was good. Walked to the bus stop with Lion, who seemed kind of quiet and down. I guess he'll talk to me about what's wrong when he is ready to. Turned out Gloves, Smurf, Charlotte, X and Peter Pan were getting the bus too. I wouldn't have minded if it hadn't meant that I ended up being surrounded by couples. Particularly Smurf and Gloves. I may understand it, but I still despise it. We sat at the back, and there was this adorable kid who we naturally all cooed over. He had blond hair and blue eyes, which wasn't fun when Smurf was sitting right next to him, and reminding me of the future together that we had talked about. So I got off the bus surrounded by couples and went home feeling miserable. Ah well. Had a good evening with mother dear and chatted to people - especially Sammykins - until late, so all was fine.

Things from The Rum Diary keep whirling round my mind. This was mentioned at one point:
"Oscar Wilde once said, 'Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." 
Fairly true. Reminds me of my rants of people not appreciating what they have. I won't expose you to another of those rants though, don't worry.

The guitar on this song is beaut.


And this song is pretty much my mindset right now :/ 

So there is your music for today. I think. Nope, one more.

The title seems pretty poignant to me right now, so I thank spotify for recommending it to me.

S'all folks.
Hatter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment